Careers with Pluma Construction
Construction Job Opportunities
Careers with Pluma Construction
Working for Pluma Construction allows you to turn your passion for building and remodeling into a rewarding career. We seek those skilled in relevant trades, who work hard and love what they do. We value and respect our employees for their dedication and hard work and consider each individual a vital part of our team.
Construction Laborer - General
We need an experienced and responsible construction laborer like you to join our honest and reputable construction company that is known for treating employees with respect and fairness. We offer you competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement. Collaborate with some of the hardest-working professionals in the industry and take advantage of leading tools and equipment provided by our company for your use. Take pride in working alongside other respected construction laborers to provide top-quality construction services in both commercial and residential settings. Join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop your skills and learn the newest construction techniques in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by management.
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including erecting scaffolding, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials, and digging trenches.
- Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including asphalt and dirt.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Report incidents immediately to safety director, foreman or HR in accordance with incident reporting procedures established by the company.
- Travel out of town to work on remote job sites as directed by management.
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of a project.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
Our team is looking for an experienced construction superintendent to manage our projects. You’ll supervise our staff and ensure projects are delivered on time. As a superintendent, your job duties will also include allocating and monitoring budgets.
This role requires excellent communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with various people, such as construction workers, architects and engineers. In order to succeed, it’s important to know how to implement quality, health, and safety standards onsite.
If you are organized, able to work well under pressure and have experience in this field, we’d like to meet you.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Set performance goals and deadlines
- Plan construction processes
- Estimate costs and ensure the project is on budget
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities
- Implement safety and quality guidelines
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance
- Keep track of material stock and orders
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies
Our team seeks an Electrician Apprentice to learn on-the-job under the supervision of a journeyman electrician. The apprenticeship will teach you how to assess and repair electrical problems on commercial or residential job sites. As an Electrician Apprentice, you will complete hands-on projects on job sites. To start, your duties will include basic cleaning and maintenance tasks and progress to more skill-based tasks as you gain experience.
- Assist a journeyman electrician and follow instructions
- Prepare and clean work areas
- Carry and deliver materials
- Install, repair, and maintain various electrical wiring systems and equipment
- Use measuring equipment and hand tools to perform conduit work
Follow safety codes and building regulations
We would like to hire an Electrician to join our team. You will be responsible for installing and repairing complex electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems working from a technical blueprint. To perform in this role you need a current New Mexico GB98J License.
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs